Pages

Friday 5 October 2012

Calling clients

"Tomorrow will be a productive day" is what I told myself last night.

This morning I woke up, got on the phone and called a list of clients that I had already written down the numbers for, in hope that atleast one of them will get back to me regarding my client brief. 

Well, it proved hard to get past "the gatekeeper" so to speak and I tried 18 schools all-together. Contacting the head teacher directly by phone seems impossible unless it's an emergency or regarding something very important. The receptionists told me to send out emails so that's what I did. 

My brief 

After having a think about what I'd like to do for a client brief, I've come up with something that would be beneficial to me in terms of my future and the route I'd like to go down. Since I'm planning on taking a PGCE to work with Primary School children, I wanted to do something that would be aimed in this area. If everything goes well and I receive good responses, I'll be creating an educational activity pack for children which will be heavily illustrated and consist of factual information, crafts and puzzles.

This would be a great opportunity for me to be able to combine my illustration with educational purposes to make learning fun. 

I've chosen Ancient Egypt as a topic for this pack because it's something I already know a lot about. It's also a topic I think children develop a strong interest for and engage with well. 

If I get a response from a school, I'd like to be able to visit and sit in on one of their classes just to observe learning techniques. I think this will help me a lot with what I come up with as a finished piece and hopefully I'll be able to hand out a questionnaire too! 

Fingers crossed on my response! 

No comments:

Post a Comment