Pages

Friday 23 November 2012

Experimenting with layouts

Since I've gathered quite a lot of information together, I've begun to experiment with some of the illustrations I've done to see how they would look with text combined.

This layout is very basic. I decided the image on the left was much too big and so was the title. (The border is simply there because I took a screenshot on Photoshop, however, I kinda like it so it may be something to consider!)


Trying out some different imagery and adjusting the text so it fits centre across the page


This is when I added typed text and realised it looked much too 'academic.' It looks boring, non-inviting and too much information - something a child wouldn't be interested in reading. Their eyes would possibly drift to the image at the bottom instead of the information provided. After analysing this, I decided that the information needs to be broken up with illustrations a lot more so it's more pleasing to the eye. 


So I changed it to this. I didn't like the way the type text looked, so I decided to write it myself instead and see how it looked. I'm not sure about the two canopic jars in the bottom hand corners, however, I do like the two at the top of the page because it draws your eye in and makes you want to read what's next to it. Atleast, this was my aim! Also, I added a dashed border which I quite like. 


Hierarchy of text - considering the importance of text and making this part slightly bolder


This is my current layout, which I'm liking, although still not sure about the bottom hand corners. I may change that after I add more text. This will most likely be a double page spread, which I'm going to continue with today.


Action - Continue with worksheet layouts to come up with an overall 'look' 



No comments:

Post a Comment