Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Added part to session

Just a snippet from my annotations (and one I almost forgot to add!) 




The various items shown on this page are a few of the gifts given to me from Ancient Egypt. As part of my sessions, I would like to take them in to show the class.

Through my research I have found that children respond well in learning environments, particularly when they have the opportunity to engage with objects. I read a great informative PDF on UCL Museums and Collections outreach, which gives awareness that children respond better if they are in an interactive environment.

UCL work by sending their employees into schools with museum artefacts and objects to let the children touch and feel and really get a sense of what the topic is about, all in all creating a positive response from the children with a passion to learn more in their subject area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment